Sunday, March 25, 2012

In Your Own Words..VP of Membership

We'd like to introduce you all to the 2012 Xi Lambda Chapter Executive Board. First up, our fabulous VP of Membership...Holly Ersek. 

My name is Holly Ersek and I am the VP of Membership of the Xi Lambda chapter of the Delta Zeta Sorority. I am from Orange County, California and major in Nursing at the University of San Francisco. And LOVE it!

My favorite thing about Xi Lambda is our uniqueness. We are unlike all other sororities and other DZ chapters mainly due to our location, our size and our diversity. I love the size of our chapter because it allows me to know each and every fabulous sister in Xi Lambda! There is always someone to wave to as I walk through campus and always someone to be my mom when mine is 6 hours away.

I love working with my Executive Board because we are the perfect puzzle! Each of us brings a different piece, a different perspective and a different personality to the table. Each piece snugs together just right, with the perfect mix of hard work, love, laughter and passion. I admire all of them so much for all the blood, sweat and tears they put into our chapter, it makes all the difference!

It is my goal this semester to remind our chapter that they have 80+ sisters standing by their sides at all times; to encourage my sisters to branch out and get to know those sisters they do not know as well. My Eboard and myself are constantly working to create a strong sisterhood, a sisterhood that truly embodies Delta Zeta’s values and traditions before going into recruitment next fall.

I am happy I rushed Delta Zeta because it has taught me so much about myself – I would have never thought I could stand in front of my entire chapter as an executive member as a little sophomore. Delta Zeta has given me leadership skills I could not have received anywhere else, it has given me sisters that I never had before and would have never known otherwise, and Delta Zeta has given me a home away from home, cliché, but truer than true.

XOXO,
Holly Ersek