Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Your Own Words....Philanthropy Chairwoman

My name is Elizabeth Nye and I am Philanthropy Co-Chair of the Xi Lambda Chapter of the Delta Zeta Sorority!

My favorite thing about Xi Lambda is how truly connected we all are. Even though we all have different majors, backgrounds, interests, etc. When we all come together, I feel as though I am home. Apart, Xi Lambda is an amazing group of women, but when we come together we are unstoppable!

I love working with Cabinet because I have the opportunity to see how amazing my sisters are. I am inspired by their fresh and innovative ideas and I am constantly surprised by how much we can accomplish together. I know that even though not everyone in Cabinet has a hand in philanthropy, I can call upon any of them to help me when I need it or to just give me a hug when I'm having a busy day.

It is my goal this year to plan successful and fun philanthropy events for all of my DZ Sisters so that we can bond together while also reaching out to our immediate community.

I am happy I rushed DZ because I have learned so much about myself through this experience. I can't imagine my life without my sisters and I know that I have built friendships that will last a life time. This is truly a unique and amazing organization, and I am so proud to call myself a Delta Zeta.

I am so excited about our upcoming event, Teeter Totter A Thon. This event is what made me fall in love with Delta Zeta in the first place. I am not only pleased to be teeter tottering throughout the day and night with my lovely sisters, but I am thrilled to raise money for our national philanthropy, the hearing and speech impaired. The money we raise goes directly to the Hearing and Speech Center of Northern California and benefits the many children and families that require their services. Our fundraising goes directly to scholarship programs for children at the Center. We have so many fun events planned for the next two days and I can hardly wait for it to start! :)